Saturday 3 January 2015

Jas-goes-SOLO~ (Day trip to Anseong farmland)

My exams ended earlier than the rest of my friends at Korea Uni, so while lying on bed after my final paper I suddenly thought of going on a solo trip out of Seoul! Was inspired by my sister's solo trip to Europe cos she told me how fun it was, and also hearing a lot of my friends talk about this before.

So I started researching like mad, lol that is not exaggerated. I was so excited about it I spent the next few days looking for places to go and often researched till like 3/4am in the morning. And I finally decided to go to this farmland in Anseong! Anseong is about 1.5hrs out of Seoul by bus, so its just about right for a day trip without wasting too much time. Anseong farmland is basically a kinda farm/zoo?? hahah with sheeps, ostriches, dogs...in short farm animals.

Went to Express bus terminal to purchase the round trip tickets the very next day! I am so careless, blur me actually initially bought just a one way ticket there. I was about to leave the station when suddenly I realised, "omg how am I going to come back!" before rushing back to the station. Hahah luckily I realised it soon, or my day trip may just become an overnight trip in the countryside in the cold.

So the very next day I took the 9am bus out of Seoul and arrived at Anseong at about 11am. Took a cab from the terminal to Anseong farmland, I dont know why the cab fare was so expensive??! Like 15000+w for what seemed like less than 15mins ride to me. zzz But I had no choice but to take the cab cos I did not know what other bus to take there.
Arrived at Anseong Farmland! I decided to do like mini videos here and there to haha erm...document my solo trip LOL. Kinda funny cos I started videoing at the entrance and the security guard kept staring at me and talking to me I couldnt video properly cos once I started videoing he will be like talking in the background. Finally got him to leave me alone (He was very nice btw) haha and successfully videoed. I wanted to put all the videos together but...procrastination got the better of me hahah. I will probably do it later..or not....LOL. I shall see how cos its actually kinda me talking, nothing much interesting. More of just for me to remember and keep for memories lol.


heehee made my initial in the thick snow~
I think I reached too early, when I arrived I think I was the 1st person in the farm LOL. Achievement unlocked~ LOL but it was kinda awkward loll cos these kind of place is meant to be very crowded? If not it will be just so sian haha no atmosphere to soak in. So I just walked along and I went into one shop where the lady told me it snowed heavily the last few days and it was very cold, which is probably why there isn't much people. NO WONDER. hahah anyway so I just walked around myself, taking pictures and videos along the way lolll. 

Animals!!



This baby lamb so cute I kennutttt

I can haz selfie with a cow


  
Tractor ride I took around the farm!:)

  
Watched a bubble show and had a huge bubble put over me hahah!


  
Horse riding!

  
Mini Trick eye museum inside the farm hahah





I must say travelling alone is really fun, the hours literally flew by as I was walking around!! But it has it pros and cons though. The bad thing is that taking pictures are really difficult, especially when you have a nice background but your hand is not long enough to take a selfie capturing the whole thing. hahaha and then after awhile your pictures start looking the same cos its always the same angle that your hand can stretch out to, and you end up just looking like you photobombed every single picture. But of course the good thing is the freedom of time, you don't need to worry about having to catch up with your friends, or having to keep to time limits at certain places. Everything is so relaxing and carefree, you can just stay at places you really like for hours and hours~ ^^ This is the kind of holiday I am looking to, a real relaxed holidays where I do not need to think about my worries in life loll.

Left the farm at about 4pm and was walking out when I chanced upon a signboard that said the filming site for IRIS 2 and You who came from the stars is 300m away!! The fangirl in me will not just leave it as it is, so of course I went to take a look. Hahah to be honest, I don't even remember which scene this was in the show, but I think it was the camping site for You who came from the stars? LOL imma go back and replay the show to find where this scene occurred. 

Filming site of You Who Came From the Stars~

My trip was almost perfect, except for the last part of the day. I took a cab there but I did not realise I forgot to find out how to get out of that place. (lol blur me again) Cos it was really far in, not many cabs go in there unless they send passengers in. So I decided to walk out...and I ended up walking for an hour+ LOL. In the freaking cold winter before I reached the main road. To make things worse it suddenly started snowing very heavily when I was walking out and the cold was unbearable I was thinking shit this is scary, where am I i wanna go home now haha. Got out to the main road and after a long while I flagged a cab and just when I though finally im safe, that cab driver kept talking about how I did not need to go all the way to the terminal to take the bus and can take on the way there. I kept telling him I did not know how and where to take the bus so nevermind, just send me to the terminal. But he just kept insisting I could take it somewhere else and said he will teach me. He alighted me at a random bus stop and told me to take from there and left. I was like wts?!! I don't even understand the bus timetables there and I was already running late already cos I walked for about 1 hour. Luckily I left the place early if not I will confirm miss my bus back to Seoul. While waiting for the next cab I was really so afraid that I will just have to spend the night in the cold. Finally flagged a cab and got in and the cab driver also told me the same thing about taking the bus from somewhere else. But i was like NO, JUST SEND ME TO THE TERMINAL. I am not a local, I dont know the place well, so just go. So he sent me there finally, 20mins before my bus left. Heaving a sigh of relief and feeling so thankful and blessed to reach back to Seoul safe and sound.

Will I go for a solo trip again? Definitely. But maybe this time I will plan my trip properly hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment